Re: New BattleZone owner.....you know whats next

From: William Bowie <wbowie_at_sc.rr.com>
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 13:56:48 EST

Hi Guys!
     I recently aquired a BattleZone mini. It has some signs of life.
Currently in test mode all I get is a continuous series of low tones...it
never stops. When I put it in game mode I will hear the attract theme
followed by two explosions. When I put a credit it on the machine it takes
about 30sec for it to register the credit. Starting the game ..it sounds
like its starting normal..but less than 10sec the the credit switches start
clicking and the game resets. I have no video yet as the monitor is only a
tube...I'm trying to find a chassis.

 I have been searching through the vector archives and have tried cleaning
and re-seating all socketed chips. Cleaning and re-flowing solder on the
inter-connect. Re-flowing solder on all sockets. I am a newb to vector
games and am hoping to get some help here. I have borrowed a friends
o-scope..and with direction can take readings and report results back. All
voltages have checked out except the +15v. How do I test the Big Blue cap
on the brick to be sure if it needs replacement?

Thanks!
William