RE: New BattleZone owner.....you know whats next

From: Bret Pehrson <bret_at_infowest.com>
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 17:30:41 EST

> 1) replace all the Rom sockets with machine sockets

I'd recommend DWLP sockets instead for the casual repair -- much easier to
insert chips into, more give (e.g. they have less of a tendency to pop the
traces off the back of the board under force), etc. Machine-pin sockets are
better suited for machine-inserted chips.

There is a bit of historical discussion regarding the benefits of DWLP over
machine pin -- check rgvac in Google Groups for more details.