Odd G08 behavior after recapping

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 23:22:34 EST

(That was long enough I thought I would put this in a separate post).

Immediately after I recapped the G08, it wasn't working. The image was
rotating back and forth about +/- 15 degrees from the X axis. After maybe
20 seconds, the HV would shut down - picture would bloom and start to dim.
And, the fan wasn't running.

Come back to it the next day, same behavior.
I pull the monitor and hook it up on the bench to run some tests -- and it
works fine -- picture steady, stays on, fan runs. It works back in the cab,
and is still running now 5 days later. I can't duplicate the failure.

Obviously something is loose -- any ideas what ? I'd like to fix it BEFORE
it starts doing this again, and possibly damages something else.