Re: Some G08 FAQ updates . . .

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 15:08:02 EST

It was a trick question. A 1N825 is a temperature compensated zener
made of a 5.6 volt zener in series with a diode. Over temperature the
zener drifts in one direction and the diode drifts in the other---they
cancel each other! So in the forward direction you are measuring across
a reversed diode, so it will measure open in the forward direction and
6.2 volts in the reverse (zener) direction.