Re: Amplifone Design... Wonders me

From: mypearl <mypearl_at_dds.nl>
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 17:18:07 EST

I have been searching on the 'net to find information on Transductance
amplifiers (voltage to current) such as our favorite examples are :)

It seems very hard to find a full and detailed description going into the
more complex matters such as PSRRR.

One thing seems to be a clear fact: when Rs (Shunt Resistor, in our
deflection bords being the big 1.5 ohm 10W N.I. resistor) become smaller,
the stability of the amplifier decreases.

When Rs increases in value, the stability gets better but the bandwith goes
down.

Since the bandwith that is given for the average current feedback amp is
above 100 Mhz (ours probably less due to the fact it is a hi-current amp),
maybe increasing the Rs may get rid of this very bad PSRRR.

What do you think, guys?