Re: HV DIODE VARO H180 vs. H1812

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 15:20:27 EST

peter jones wrote:

> [...]

It is done, but usually you'll want to put a resistor across each diode
to help balance the voltage to each diode. The value should be selected
depending on the application, but a megohm or so should work. But be
careful that the resistor can handle the voltage (for example, many half
watt resistors are only good for 250 volts or so, don't just rely on
power dissipation. The purpose here isn't to dump power.).