Issue with 6100 in self test

From: Scott Goings <sgoings_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 23:52:47 EST

I purchased an Atari 6100 monitor which had been disassembled (boards
removed, yoke and rings messed with). I have reassembled the monitor and
placed the yoke and rings in the original location by looking at the
pattern of dirt and dust on the monitor neck.

The monitor comes up but I am having some problems. It is not close to
being converged. Anything I do with the yoke does not help convergence
at all. When I have the game (Space Duel) in the cross hatch test screen
the screen displays the non converged pattern then it goes blank. Then
each individual color comes on one after the other and the cycle
repeats. Moving the monitor to my Tempest machine produces the same
behavior. In game mode the monitor does not do this.

Any ideas of what is causing the monitor to behave this way in self
test? The convergence issue may just be me as I have never converged a
monitor before. At this point I will take on problem at a time.

Thanks,

Scott