Re[2]: Fw: Cold Heat At ThinkGeek

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 03:08:58 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: "Christopher X. Candreva" <chris@westnet.com>
To: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 09:51:53 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Fw: Cold Heat At ThinkGeek

> On Sat, 3 Apr 2004, Jeff Sanders Knology wrote:
>
> > located, making it 40 percent more efficient. It heats up to a whopping
> > 800 degrees F in less than one second and back to touch-safe temperature
>
> Hmm -- the web site says it heats to 500F in less than 1sec. I wonder which
>
> Definately looks like it would be interesting for quick in cabinet fixes.

sounds like it's based on an electro-courtorizing pen,
if it is then the tips wont last long.

the other way would be to use RF fired down a waveguide to a striking surface at the tip,
the size of the absourbing surface would dictate the heatup/cool-down time.
*note* it would also relate to thermal stability under load, as the heated surface acts like a capaciter when you touch something cold.