Star Wars resetting, CPU or AVG?

From: MyPearl <mypearl_at_dds.nl>
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 14:26:12 EDT

Hello Group,

I have an UR Star Wars. I have two boardsets for it, one with the genuine
ESB kit installed.

Both boards have the same problem: intermittend resets.

The resets come very unpredictable (somehwere in the 3rd level of gameplay
at it's best), or the SW (not ESB) board won't even start up (cycling
resets).
I have monitored the +5V supply for irregularities while resetting occurs,
but that seems very stable (using a digital memory scope).

When troubleshooting other vector games, I used to disable the DMAGO to see
if the problem lies in the CPU section or in the AVG section (AVG not
completing it's instructions).

I have been looking for a way to test wether the CPU, or the AVG on Star
Wars, but I have not found a way.

Does anyone know how to test wether the CPU circuitry itself or the AVG is
flakey on SW boardsets?

Kind regards,

-Mendel