Re: A few WG6100 tips and tricks

From: Brian Deuel <briandeuel_at_atarivector.com>
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 00:01:55 EDT

>Any chance the monitor was dropped or the tube slammed? I have seen that
>effect in various parts of TV screens after a severe jar; the shadow mask
>works
>loose from its welds inside the CRT (no way to fix) and the beams are
>deflected
>onto the wrong color dots

The "rainbow" type effect I described is not that type of effect. I've seen what you've described. This is very subtle, like the beam is shooting offscreen. Thanks for the suggestion just the same.

Brian
http://www.orubin.com

"We're all a bunch of spoiled brats, if you get right down to it. You just want to buy the meat in the store, you don't want to see Bambi getting cut up [laughs]. You want to protest fur walking around in your leather shoes. You want to talk the environment as you drive around in your Hummer 2. We're a study in contradictions, I think. The ultimate spoiled brats of the world."- Uncle Eugene Jarvis, the creator of Defender, Stargate, and Robotron