Re: A few WG6100 tips and tricks

From: urban_paranoia1 <urban_paranoia1_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 06:47:18 EDT

 "I had this problem a very long time ago with a battlezone playing itself
on the rear of the tube..."

<SNIP>

Interesting!

Incidentally, I have a Battlezone currently doing something similar, but the
PCB is at fault, NOT the monitor. All you get on screen is a green dot with
a few random vectors and the vector "chatter" is very loud compared to a
working board.

The Monitor has tested fine with a known good PCB.

On a scope the faulty PCB produces an image which appears at the top and
bottom of the creen...you can see the game playing but it's very distorted
and "thin".

Effectiveley the game is being drawn way off the limits of the screen.

Still haven't narrowed the fault down yet, though! AVG section *seems* to be
OK and someone has suggested 74LS...maybe a 157? I'll be looking at that
next...

Anyone got any suggestions?

Sorry for topic hi-jacking, BTW!

Alan :o)