TECH: Tempest

From: Roger Smith <whooshdoo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 16:40:05 EDT

When I first turn on the game, F2 pins 1-8 and R4,P4,R2,P2 pins 11-14
(and pins on some other chips) are pulsing and/or low. These pins
become neither high nor low and quit pulsing when I short A/B1 pins 1
and 2,3 and 4,11 and 12,16 and 17,18 and 19 or B/C1 pins 1-10,11-13,
or 15-19. Just curious why, if anyone knows. I assume the pulsing at
F2 and the 2114s is normal behavior since that is how they are when
the game powers up and I have the watchdog grounded, right? Thanks so
much for any help! I've done a crapload of research and I think I'm
finally getting toward the end of fixing this damn thing!!!

Roger