Re: 10k potentiometer for Omega Race Spinner

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 12:36:33 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: "Matt Rossiter" <rossiter@ni.net>
To: <vectorlist@vectorlist.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:10:10 -0700
Subject: VECTOR: 10k potentiometer for Omega Race Spinner

> The 10k pot on my Omega Race is dirty or something. So the ship doesn't turn smoothly at one point. What replacement part do you guys usually use?
> I'm having a hard time finding a continuous turn pot that I can use as a replacement.
>
> thanks...
>
> Matt

in the manual it says that the game was designed to use an encoder, but because of shortages (probably of money) they used a pot with a converter(bodge) pcb.

the unfortunate part of this is that i dont think it was a quadrature encoder, but a far more expensive "grayscale" type.

i should try to find the manual and bally tech updates sometime to check this stuff.