Re: 10k potentiometer for Omega Race Spinner

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 13:25:02 EDT

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 20:36:33 +0400, you wrote:

>the unfortunate part of this is that i dont think it was a quadrature
>encoder, but a far more expensive "grayscale" type.

        If it uses a Gray-code encoder, it should be relatively trivial to use
a PIC microcontroller to convert the output of a quadrature encoder to Gray
codes... all we really need to know is how many bits of data it wants to
see.

>i should try to find the manual and bally tech updates sometime
>to check this stuff.

"In ancient times, they believed that there were only four kinds of matter:
Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Nowadays, of course, we know that there are
actually four states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Plasma. Thank God
for progress!" ---(Kelvin Throop III)