Re: PCB identifcation

From: David Fish <dfish_1_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 14:19:45 EDT

> -----------------------
> Potentially a Cosmic Chasm sound development fixture:
> http://www.ionpool.net/cine_unknown1.jpg
> http://www.ionpool.net/cine_unknown2.jpg
>
> The the ICs on the dual channel amp board are in fact just that - LM383T
> audio amps and not regulators.

It's a sound board of some type. An AY-3-8910 should go into socket K2/3.
The DIP sockets at L2 & L3 are for digital I/O to and/or from the 8910.
Note that one side of each socket is all ground for interleaved ground
'shields'
in the ribbon cables that plug in there. It looks like Zonn had it right
with the Z80.
I'd venture a guess that the IC's in row 5 E thru L are mostly latches and
buffers
for more digital I/O. Interesting stuff.

Dave