G05-805 EHT problem

From: Phil Morris <phil_at_morris0.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 07:34:07 EDT

I'm trying to fix an EHT unit from an Electrohome G05-805.

I've swapped it out with a known good EHT and the problem goes away, so
it's most definitely the EHT at fault.

The symptoms are:

When cold, on power up the image will grow about an inch, then stop, then
intermittently 'flick' to a slightly smaller image (about half an inch or
so smaller), then flick back to the original larger size. This happens
intermittently and seemingly randomly until the monitor has warmed up.
Alternatively, it might very slightly 'pulse' in and out, ie grow VERY
slightly then shrink VERY slightly.

The main diode has been replaced, as have the electrolytics.

I've lubricated the pots and re-flowed the solder joints on the main
connectors.

I'm now at a loss - can anyone think of anything else that could cause this
problem?

Thanks,
Phil