Re: Visual ID of Asteroids Power Brick?

From: Tom McClintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 16:11:32 EDT

You can identify the B&W vector power transformers by the numbers
printed on the isolation transformer itself:

Atari B&W vector transformer (A037671 or A035888)
Atari color vector transformer (A037395)

The 'early' Asteroids & Lunar Lander transformer assemblies have a green
diode PCB mounted to the bottom of the chassis. Later incarnations have
the bridge rectifier assembly.

The raster transformers don't put out the 60VAC for the vector monitor,
although you might be able to rewire the outputs - I have no experience
with it so can't comment. Looks like it would be pretty easy.