Re: G05-805 EHT problem

From: Phil Morris <phil_at_morris0.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 07:08:52 EDT

>>I've lubricated the pots and re-flowed the solder joints on the main
>>connectors.
>

>Phil, lubing the pots and turning them back and forth many times can be OK
>in a pinch, but you can experience the same problem if the pot id just
>plain shot. Replace then if at all possible.

Well, pots now replaced but unfortunately the problem remains. :(

So, as before, on power up the image enlarges by about half an inch then
shrinks about half an inch. This might go on for a few seconds, then it
might stop. It might then be perfectly fine for ages, then all of a sudden
the image will grow larger again, then shrink back to its original size.
Sometimes the growing/shrinking of the image is very subtle, sometimes much
more noticeable.

What failing component could cause this, seeing as it's not the pots,
electrolytics (swapped out) or the main diode?

I'm kind of wary of poking around too much with the thing switched on as I
don't fancy get a large voltage through my arm. :)

Thanks,
Phil