Re: WG6100 HV PCB damage and discolored screen corner

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 10:48:58 EDT

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004, Steve P. wrote:

> What in the world would have caused this kind of damage? The HV board is

I would guess R903 got REALLY HOT at some point. It doesn't look like any
of the caps for a kit are even effected, so I wouldn't worry about it too
much. If the leads can be bent and attached to another point, then you are
most likely fine. I would just make sure that the connections are good, the
leads aren't likely to bend further and short to something, etc.

Basicly if the repair work is sound, leave it. If not, clean it up. In fact,
if I'm reading thtat picture correctly, it looks like the board as re-capped
also by someone that didn't do as good a job as the person who repaired
around the burn, by all the brown flux around what looks like the cap pads.

> Lastly, I have an oddity with my 6100. The lower right corner of the
> monitor is "off" on the coloring. I've tried degaussing it with a

Did you try doing a convergance adjustment ? It's documented in the Greg
Woodcock FAQ.