Re: Where can I get an HV diode for a Asteroids game please??

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 12:01:36 EST

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Forrest Trotz wrote:

> I just got my first arcade game an Asteroids machine. The screen expands
> when it warms up and I was told it is most likely a faulty HV diode. So
> I was wondering where i might be able to buy a few. Any help would be
> great thanks.

Check the FAQ: http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/tech/bw_vector_monitor_faq.pdf

Can't recall the current cross-reff off hand, but Mouser/DigiKey should have
them.

Also www.gamearchive.com has a monitor info page.

Someone was selling the actual, original diodes on the list a while back.
The benefit of the originals is they will fit in the holder and require less
hacking.