RE: Asteroids cheat (again)

From: Sean McLachlan <sean_at_lithoflexo.com>
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 13:16:31 EST

>> It would be interesting to compare the version 1 and 2 programs to
>> determine what was *actually* changed between the two versions. Maybe
>> that might give a clue as to whether or not an actual fix was
>> included in version 2.
>
> I did just that. Other than the vector ROMs being slightly different
> and a "don't display any more than N ships across the screen" I
> didn't see any changes.
>
> -->Neil

I had also heard that the UFO's were made more difficult in the latter ROM
version, to stop the UFO hunters. I guess that's not true either. I have
the later ROMs in my upright, and those UFO's can pick me off at will.

Sean McLachlan Salt Lake City, Utah
rgvac@classi-find.net Video Game n00b since 2001