RE: Asteroids cheat (again)

From: Neil Bradley <nb_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 18:46:29 EST

> I'm guessing
> the kit swapped 1 or 2, but not all of the ROMs.

Maybe everything EXCEPT the vector ROMs (which is probably why they asked
so they could send you 3 chips instead of 4 - they were spendy back then).
IT's unlikely that they'd be able to break up the program ROMs.

I'm not sure what to think, because I've never seen anything other than
the 2 known ROM sets for Asteroids and the one hack to run Asteroids on
hacked Lunar Lander hardware. Hey Scott, care to cough up those two
versions if you've got them?

It's possible that those versions were short lived, or never made it at
all.

-->Neil