Star Wars Amplifone Monitor

From: Paul Shaffelburg <pshaffel_at_accesscable.net>
Date: Fri Dec 24 2004 - 08:48:58 EST

I have a Star Wars cockpit with a 25" Amplifone in it. It still has the
original "red" flyback transformer on the HV, and it was working fine up
until I stopped playing it for about 6 months while I finished my basement.
When I went to play it again, everything powers up, I can hear deflection
"chatter", there is no spot killer on, and there is glow in the neck.
Unfortunately, there is absolutely no picture (I double checked all of the
connectors). The brightness knob has no effect at all.

Would this mean that my red HV flyback transformer has finally gone, even
though there is still glow in the neck? Unfortunately, I don't have a HV
probe, but if there are any suggestions where I could start, they would be
very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

-Paul