WG 6100, degauss coil unplugged

From: Sean McLachlan <sean_at_lithoflexo.com>
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 15:10:40 EST

I left the degausing coil unplugged in the WG 6100 in my Star Wars, and now
the spot killer is on. I mentioned it to some friends who said it's a known
fix, but I can't find any mention of it in Googling RGVAC, the 6100 FAQ or
the Vectorlist archives.
I did find mention that it smokes the 22 ohm 2 watt resistor, but that isn't
the reason the spot killer is on. I replaced it anyway, though.
I have another deflection board in it now that works, so I know the chassis
transistors, HV and neckboard are OK.
Could someone give me a quick hit with the clue stick on this?

Sean McLachlan Salt Lake City, Utah
rgvac@classifind.net Video Game n00b since 2001