Re: TECH: Major Havoc

From: Tom McClintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 12:55:11 EST

Steve P. wrote:

> Is it possible that the Tempest adapter card might have a bad chip? I
> know it controls the pincoushining, but is there more to it than that?

The adapter PCBs only do two things as you have noted - remap the
pinouts and provide pincoushion correction.

> Also, can I plug the MH PCB into a Space Duel harness w/o the adapter
> card as a way of testing? I searched Dejanews and Clay Cowgill mentions
> that you can plug the MH into a SD harness with no ill effect.

Uh, you can take a quick look a thte pinouts for each and see that the
video outputs on Major Havoc are quite different than either Space Duel
or Gravitar. So, I would say no to this question.

Here are some details on the conversion PCBs that I cobbeled together
earlier this year:
http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/mh/major_havoc_conversion.txt

tm