Re: TECH: Major Havoc

From: Steve P. <projektzwo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 01:13:21 EST

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the monitor is good. Tempest works just fine on
it. I bulletproofed it with a Bob Roberts deluxe parts kit and a LV2000.
:)

I've checked the voltages from the test pads on the PCB and all are OK.

Is it possible that the Tempest adapter card might have a bad chip? I know
it controls the pincoushining, but is there more to it than that?

Also, can I plug the MH PCB into a Space Duel harness w/o the adapter card
as a way of testing? I searched Dejanews and Clay Cowgill mentions that you
can plug the MH into a SD harness with no ill effect.

Does anyone work on MH boards? I'd like to not tinker with myself since it
seems that it's going to be a little involved and my tech skills aren't that
hot. Alex at ElektronForge already said no. Joe Bachmann hasn't been heard
from in months.. Anyone else?

 Thx!

-Steve P.