Amplifone help, please!

From: <MFISHER_at_atg.state.in.us>
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 12:43:03 EST

Hey, all.

I'm in the process of hopefully bringing my Amplifone back to life, but I
think I might need a nudge in the right direction.

Symptoms:

1. Power applied to deflection bd, nothing else connected-spot killer on,
no fuse blows
2. Everything connected. When power is applied, fuse 1 blows after about
a second. During that second, the spot killer is off.
3. When I disconnect the wiring from the DB to the yoke and nothing else,
the fuse does not blow and the spot killer stays on.

I have installed a Bob Roberts cap kit (including the heat sink trasistors)
and replaced the U07 and U57 on that side of the board, which is what the
FAQ suggested, to no avail. The transistors are not shorting to the heat
sink. Before I pull every componenet on the DB, could this be a problem
with the yoke, or is it still likely something with the bd? The only thing
I thought of was that maybe it was a bad resistor, but I'm probably being
ignorant. Anyway, I seem to remember that they all tested OK in circuit...
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Matt Fisher