Re: Cinematronics Monitor Troubleshooting

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 13:07:09 EST

I've seen that problem happen when you put the ribbon cable on backwards.
:) So it's always good to start with that.

Replace IC 7, which is the 7406 chip on the right hand side. It's part of
the intensity circuit. When it goes out you'll generally get a blank
display. You can check for pulses on pins 1 and 3 with a logic probe, but
a 7406 is so cheap and easy to find you might as well replace it to prevent
future problems.

You might want to go to page 44 in this PDF file and read more
http://www.arcadehelp.com/spies/schematics/cineEx/exorcisor.pdf

Matt