Re: Star Wars - Scale Test

From: Phil Morris <phil_at_morris0.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 17:36:20 EST

>Check the scaling signal.

Looks fine on the 'scope.

>If it's wrong, make sure there are no stuck bits
>on the input to the dac.

Ahhh, thanks - no stuck bits, but the DAC-08 at 6D was faulty and replacing
it fixed the fault. :)

Incidentally, on the subject of DAC08's - I usually use DAC-08CN's as a
replacement for those on the Star Wars AVG board yet can no longer find
these in the UK. I tried DAC-08CP's instead but these *don't* appear to be
suitable for the Z-Intensity circuit - if I use these I get 'patches'
missing from the Intensity Test.

The only other DAC-08's I can find are:

DAC-08EP
DAC-08HP

Before I splash out on these (at 2 or 3 pounds a shot) which, if any, is
likely to be more suitable than the CP?

Phil