Star Wars - Wobble Vision

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 18:41:33 EST

Hi Guys,

While were discussing Starwars, I've just got my ESB machine up and running
for the first time after finding quite a few faults on the Deflection board.
(Negative low voltage power supply transistor + zenner , all 3 2n3792 fried
, R612 open circuit, D602 shortcircuit) - I have had to use a 27V Zenner as
I didnt have a 28V one ( will be fitting the psu upgrade board soon anyway )

Now the game is playable, and I'm absolutely overjoyed - BUT the graphics
have a bit of a wobble to them.. Doesn't look quite right... ??

Its got the Wells Gardner monitor in it... Is this typical to expect from
this monitor ( the board seemed ok on my Friends ampliphone setup) or do I
need to start replacing some of the capacitors ?

Thanks, Regards, Colin