Star Wars "bloom" problem with a twist

From: Tom Bombaci <bombaci_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 21:46:49 EST

Greetings. I have searched through the archives and I have found ½ of
the problem I am having discussed with possible fixe(s).

When the Death Star explodes, the image "blooms" with the added bonus
of the image fading away. After about 12 seconds or so, the image is
back to normal.

I have done a full cap kit (Bob's), changed BU406D, and replaced Dead
red (which was working when I first owned the machine but has since
died [UR00083, btw] ) with a Wintron.

I was excited to read about the bloom fix suggestion in the archives.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Cheers,
Tom