6101 problems

From: joemagiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 11:55:22 EDT

Trying to fix a couple WG6101's.

WG6101 #1: Running in a Tempest, with known good boardset, power supply and
transformer giving proper voltages. Blows 3A fuse at F700 within a second
or two at power up.

WG6101 #2: Running in a Tempest (a different one), with known good
boardset, power supply and transformer giving proper voltages. Immediately
blows both 5A fuses at F100 & F101. Note, this game was working fine. I
moved it to do some cross testing to the Tempest above. After moving, I had
no monitor picture. I checked and found F100 & F101 blown. I replaced them
to see them immediately blow again. But when I checked the original fuses
that were in there, I see they were 6.25A fuses. I got the monitior with
those fuses installed. So I don't know if they just didn't have some 5A on
hand and sub-ed the closest thing they had (which worked for several years),
or they intentially upped the fuses because it was blowing the 5A. The
documentation, both in the manual and printed on the boardset call for 5A.

Any clues/guidance much appreciated. Thanks,

Joe
joemagiera@ameritech.net