RE: 6101 problems, progress, next step

From: joemagiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 21:35:46 EDT

Thanks for the tips so far. On #1, I've been advised that if fuse at F700
is blowing, check/replace Q705 & Q706. Seems straightforward enough...until
I look up Q706. The manual shows a picture of the location of Q706 and
calls it a 2N3792X. But in the parts list is shows it as a 2N3792. A quick
internet search does show both as distinct different transistors. So, any
advice on which one is correct for a 6101 monitor? I know I can just use
the same type as the one that was in there, but just wondering.

Joe