Re: 6101 deflection board parts

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 15:17:52 EDT

The 1N4000 series are slow as death 1 amp rectifiers meant for 60 Hz
power rectification and pretty much nothing else. Unfortunately people
have a tendency to stick them in places they don't belong.

This is one of those places.

Stick with the 1N5402. Is a 1N4007 (1 amp, 1000 volt) a replacement for
a 3 amp part? Not really.

This part information should be added to the troubleshooting flowchart
(since the manual is no help in finding the correct replacement), if
anyone has a way to do that.