Re: Need Help with Electrohome G05 XY monitor

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Fri Jun 10 2005 - 12:37:40 EDT

Ok, I think I've fixed my problem. This might be another noteworthy item on
somebody's tech page. If you order a 15ST4730R 15" B&W picture tube for a
G05 monitor from Hawkeye picture tubes (or any place for that matter) and
you can't seem to get rid of the faint retrace lines and the small dot in
the middle, what you can do is lower the resistance of R518 a little bit.
Perhaps replace this 470k resistor with a 400k 1/2W resistor. I happen to
have a 330K 1/2 watt resistor on hand so I used that, but I would recommend
being as conservative as possible when lowering the resitance. Now I have
much more control over the brightness. So far it's working like a charm.

Matt