Re: Cocktail BZ

From: Peter Pan <purdywebmaster_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 17:34:32 EDT

> The guy we bought the stuff from was the technician
> on the product and he said he built the actual
> machine and that there was only one. I do believe
> I have the original schematics for it somewhere. (A
> standard BattleZone engineering print with red ink
> marking up the changes he made.)

I'd like to see that, I guess a lot of other people
would as well.

This machine is in the old basement workshop of an
arcade and has been there for at least 20 years. The
one person who would know for sure what this is/was is
sadly no longer around, he was the only engineer the
arcade had from the late 50s to the mid 80s. Anyway
it's not going anywhere for now as the lift that was
used to move machines in and out was condemed by
health and safety years ago, removed and closed off to
provide room for a few more machines on the arcade
floor.

I only found this because I was offered some drawers
with bits in. The 'some' is nearly 1000, small plastic
drawers in 16 x 16 frames and the bits are mostly 2716
EPROMs, five or more to a drawer.

BTW, all this is in the UK.

Pete.