Re: FS: ZVG's are back in stock and on sale.

From: Zonn <mlists_at_zonn.com>
Date: Wed Jul 13 2005 - 15:45:10 EDT

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:26:39 -0500, "joemagiera" <joemagiera@ameritech.net>
wrote:

>> Supported monitors include (we have pre-wired cables for these):
>> * WG6101, WG6401
>> * Amplifone
>> * Sega (G08)
>> * G05-801, G05-802, G05-805
>> * 19V2000
>> * Dual trace oscilloscope in the X/Y mode
>> * Vectrex
>
>I don't know why I'm asking, since I don't have these monitors anyways, but
>just to clarify, what about:
>
>13" Ampliphone
>25" Ampliphone
>G08_105
>15V2000 (or whatever the cocktail size Asteroids was labeled)
>
>I assume when you say G08, you include G08_001, G08_003, G08_004.
>Also, I assume WG6102 is included by default as a WG6101 is supported.
>
>Anything else anyone can think of? Didn't Hoei make some b/w vector monitor
>for European Asteroids?

All of the above, which is why I cleverly worded it as "Supported monitors
include" indicating a subset of monitors supported. ;-)

The ZVG output voltages for the X/Y/Z are adjustable to any monitor. The X and
Y voltages can be set anywhere between 0 and +/- 12v, and the Z voltages are
variable between 0 and 4.5v. I can't think of any monitors outside this range.

The drawing speeds are settable between 4 different drawing speeds. I
originally thought I was going to have to run the vectrex very slow, but as it
turned out, the Vectrex will draw vectors at the same speed as a WG, however
because of it's low power supply voltages, it takes a long time to start and
stop vectors. Vector start and stop times are fully adjustable. So I only
needed two different draw speeds, it has four.

Signal wise I believe I can drive just about any analog vector monitor, so
beyond that it's only a matter of cabling.

The 13" / 15" Amplifones use the same connector (and cabling) as the 19" and WG
monitors, as is the WG6102.

The G08_105 I believe is the same as the standard G08.

The 15V2000 is the same as it's larger cousin.

I believe the Hoei monitors are also the same as the standard G05, but I'm a bit
vague on this (I have one in a Star Castle Clone, but it's a bit buried in the
garage right now).

Basically if you can wire the thing up, the ZVG can drive it.

-Zonn