Re: Asteroids with no video

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 21:43:32 EDT

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Mark Davidson wrote:

> Yea, I thought the 80s Ops converted vector gams to raster ones, not the other
> way around :-)

Some ops would swap games and cabinets all the time. Two old games might
have new kits put into their cabs. If one of the new games doesn't perform
as well as an old one (or when it declines), an older game might be put
back, and not necessarily in it's original cab.

I see this at a local amuesment park's arcades[1] While the frankenstein
effect is frightening, at least they keep clasics available to play.

-Chris

1: Playland in Rye, NY -- and local as in 1 block from my parrent's house.
It was rather amusing to see a line to play Galaga, and no one on the Star
Wars Trilogy.