Re: Asteroids with no video

From: MyPearl <mypearl_at_dds.nl>
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 18:14:49 EDT

There is REALLY REALLY no need to buy yourself that thing. It is Only good
to measure HV when adjusting a (new) HV power supply.

ALL Vector monitors have HV Xformers that have a HV bleed resistor BUILT
IN... There are no exceptions. :)

You furthermore only need to work on the deflection board, which is very
high-voltage un-related.

Just take the deflection board out to do a capkit, check the transistors or
whatever you want to do with it.

They always makes me laugh, these dreaded HV CAN KILL YOU (vector monitor
related) warnings :)
Must be because I'm in Europe and we think that is SOOOOO Us of A. ;). Here,
we just take the bugger out and fix it.