black widow xy monitor problem

From: Daniel Piraino <dpiraino_at_twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 18:04:51 EDT

  I have been trying to get this monitor up and running. But still have
a problem with the picture only showing a dot in the middle of the
screen. If I turn up the brightness on the HV, the dot gets bigger. I
can here some chatter. There is an lv2000 installed. Checked all
transistors on chassis , checked out good. Checked HV board replaced
1.5k resistor that was burnt but it didnt fix the problem. After
resistor was replaced I forgot to plug in ground on HV board from
brightness& focus part of the HV transformer. It made aloud squelling
noise. It then stopped when I plugged it in. I saw some smoke but
couldnt see anything burnt. Could I have hurt something else?
Any ideas,
Dan Piraino