Re: black widow xy monitor problem

From: Daniel Piraino <dpiraino_at_twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 20:43:43 EDT

 I replaced 100 uf cap on HV board. C902 I think.
I checked voltage coming off of pin 1 and pin 8 of the hv board. Im
getting +/-25 vdc instead of +/- 28 vdc. Is that enough? I also checked
pin 5 of the same connector for 180v, but all I get is 171v. Is that
enough? I still have to check Q900 thru Q903. I checked the resistors
around those transistors and they check out ok. Spot killer is not on.
I also checked Q603 and Q703 on the deflection board and resistors
around those. Their all good. Like I said before I checked the
transistors on the chassis and they checked out ok.
But I unplugged the transistors from the deflection board to see what
would happen. I still get the same results with the transistors not
plugged in.
 Now maybe Q605, Q606 and Q705, Q706 are not good, they checked out
alright though.
Any ideas,
Dan Piraino