Re: black widow pcb problem no play no picture clock working

From: Daniel Piraino <dpiraino_at_twcny.rr.com>
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 23:52:40 EDT

I put the game in self test but nothing changed. Its not responding. I
checked the cpu a few times. I havent documented specific lines but none
of them are pulsing. The lines are either stuck high or low. I will
check the cpu to address buffer lines, tomorrow, to see if their either
high or low. Does it mean anything specific when a line is stuck high
compared to when a line is stuck low, other than no data is being
transfered? Or is just a roll of the dice where the address line stops
pulsing( either in a high or low state)? Unfortunately I dont have a cat
box or a signature analyzer. All I have is my probe and my DMM. I had a
Fluke 9000 at one time but sold it.
I couldnt figure out how to use it, I only had a Z80 pod for it and I
couldnt get a pod for the 6502 without paying alot for it. So off it went.
Thanks Matt,
Dan Piraino

Thank you Peter Jones for the explaination on the watchdog. Yes, I have
the monitor disconnected for these tests.