RE: Re[4]: black widow pcb problem no play no picture clock working

From: Alex Yeckley <ayeckley_at_elektronforge.com>
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 11:49:21 EDT

> unfortunatly the guy only has a logic-probe and volt-meter.
> i also suspect he doesnt understand schematics!

At the risk of self-promotion, it might be best for him to seek professional
help at this point.

> if it was mine i'd dump and compare all the roms and proms,
> and check the cpu and ram before even thinking.

Same here, but I usually don't worry about the PROMs right away.

> are those alu's the bitslice chips used on battlezone/red
> baron & tempest?

Yea, AM2901's. The BW boardset is essentially a Tempest boardset, unless my
memory is really getting bad...

Alex

----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com