Asteroids DAC question

From: Scott Brasington <arcade_at_brasington.org>
Date: Fri Sep 09 2005 - 19:18:29 EDT

Is there an easy way to know if the AD561J DAC(s) on an asteroids
(or similar type) board need to be replaced? Like is there a common
symptom of when they fail versus say something else in that same
circuit area?

Do the DACs tend to completely fail, or partially fail?

If a DAC is bad will get you any video, or just a line or ??

I got some boards I'm trying to repair and before I go swapping
out an expensive chip I'd like to make sure there is a high chance
of probability that the chip needs to be replaced.

Thanks. Scott.
http://www.brasington.org/arcade/