RE: Asteroids DAC question

From: <tower_at_gis.net>
Date: Mon Sep 12 2005 - 10:57:44 EDT

I have an AD board that is down right now... the signal on one of the X
or Y lines, forget which since it's been months, is way too low. It was
something like -2v to +3v in range when I measured it with my cheap DMM.
 It's supposed to be +12v to -12v, right? IIRC, I picked up some DACs
and another IC that were the likely culprit but have been scared to try
the desoldering/resoldering required.

I guess my question is, should I try the other IC first? The plan was
to desolder and swap in a new one, installing SIP sockets in the
process.

Chad

----- Original Message Follows -----