Re[2]: Asteroids in Asteroids Deluxe cabinet & goofy monitorresponse

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Fri Sep 09 2005 - 23:43:35 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: "Christopher X. Candreva" <chris@westnet.com>
To: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 23:37:48 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Asteroids in Asteroids Deluxe cabinet & goofy monitorresponse

> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, tom mcclintock wrote:
>
> > I can tell you that I run an Asteroids board in my Asteroids Deluxe cabaret
> > cabinet with no issues whatsoever, so I would probably say the 'issues' lie
> > with your Asteroids game PCB.
>
> I seem to remember there were some issues with the sound. There was a
> specific document on Spies about running one board in the other cabinet,
> thought I can't recall where the Spies mirrors are now.

if i remember the audio has different output levels so you need to change a resistor on the ar2.

that is obviously a bad idea if your swaping pcb's in the cab, it would be better to fit both resistors and a jumper or switch.

alternativly you could change the resistor on one of the gameboards so that there outputs match.

i may have this confused with LL btw, but the principle is the same.

i think the difference lies in the ar1 Vs the ar2.