Amplifone HV Unit replacement parts - where to buy?

From: Scott Caldwell <scottcaldwell_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri Sep 16 2005 - 19:33:25 EDT

My Star Wars (amplifone) recently died and after doing the
initial checks, the HV unit is to blame (no neck glow, but
loads of deflection chatter - verified w/two working deflection
PCBs). Based on the FAQ and my personal observations, I
believe I should just shot-gun the HV unit with the following
parts, since I don't know how many of these two replaced
405 years ago when the HV unit was revived). My question is,
where is the best place to get all of these (one stop shopping)
within the collecting community or do I need to go to a place
like mouser, etc. I suspect Bob Roberts would of had all of
these parts, but obviously that's not an option now.

* Note: The caps were replaced on the HV unit about 4-5 years
ago and none appear to be bad now, so should I replace them
anyway, just to be done with it (I'm on the fence about it)? I
replaced W1 yesterday and it didn't help any. :( The flyback is
a WinTRON, so that is covered and I can find no cold solder,
damage, etc. to the HV unit PCB.

- Q1 (2N3904)
- Q2 (MPSU07)
- Q3 (BU406D)
- Q4 (8239)
- Q5 (2N3904),
- VR1 (7824CV)
- VR2 (7924CV)
- 1N4001 (diodes, believe there are two at CR5 and CR6)

I know ArcadeShop sells a "cap kit" for the Amplifone, but
don't know if it would include these parts as well. I would
actually like to buy 3-4 sets of these, since I have a 2nd HV
unit that has been capped, but still shows no signs of like.
None of these parts have been replaced *yet*.

Scott C.