Re: Gravitar Weird Start up / hi score save

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 16:27:50 EDT

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:13:46 -0600, you wrote:

>> I checked the voltages and the -28V measures -27.95V at the test point
>> and at the leg of the chip. It seems steady with a DMM. Do you think
>> the caps could still be problematic? Btw 5V is running at 5.05V.

>Hmmm, well then. Im guessing the only other problems might be related to
>the EAROM being bad (I think they do have a limited lifespan).

        Check the 74LS174 and 74LS175 data latches at P2 and K2, respectively,
before you give up hope on the ER2055 chip. :) I once dealt with a
CENTIPEDE game that wasn't saving its high scores, and it turned out that
one of the outputs on the LS175 latch was stuck; thus, the high scores
weren't being saved because the ER2055 wasn't actually being told to go
into "write" mode.

A: Because it reverses the natural flow of conversation.

Q: Why is top-posting bad?