Re: Laptop for ZVG?

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_ghanbari.com>
Date: Sun Oct 02 2005 - 10:59:23 EDT

Thanks for the reply Chad. I should have been more
detailed in what I'm hoping to do.

Here is a link to info on the ZVG:

http://www.zektor.com/zvg/index.html

Basically a vector generator that attaches to the
parallel port on a PC and drives vector monitors.
VectorMAME has a driver to output via the ZVG, but you
need a regular PC display to see all the PC stuff.

I'm looking to build a cabinet with a color vector
monitor and a BW vector monitor. I'd like a laptop to
drive the ZVG so I don't have to keep a PC monitor
around to do the PC maintenance stuff.

The hassle is running DOS on a laptop and making sure
the sound works, etc. with VectorMAME.

Almost certainly need an older laptop, but want to
make sure that whatever laptop I get has enough CPU to
run all the VectorMAME games, has sound that works,
and has the ECP parallel port that works with ZVG.

Laptop will be 100% dedicated to vector gaming in the
cabinet, so it just has to work.

If someone has a laptop running well with ZVG with all
the vector games, would love details (model, etc.) so
I can hit eBay and track one down...

Ray