Re: Battlezone Shaky vectors

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 19:04:20 EDT

Thanks for that..... Everything seems ok so far.... Yes got a scope hooked
up....

Forgot to mention that when in the diagnostic mode, the vectors are
perfect.. eg steady / rock solid.... So I would expect the shakes there
too if it were a psu problem....( to much of a rush to post the problem and
not enough explanation , sorry.!! ) ..... Its really quite puzzling.... :-)

I thought that it may be something to do with the centering... but unlikely
as it uses two separate analogue switches for the x and y and its shaking a
little on both axis..... ( Btw....I had a similar problem on my starwars
which was cured when I re-capped the HV unit.) This Monitor I'm using to
test asI rebuilt it, the scope on xy mode shakes too..

I'm also thinking that the Dac08 might be at fault ( or something to do with
the reference voltages/bips and associated circuitry ???) Presumably its a
fixed value in the diagnostics..so thats why its ok ? I may try and borrow
the dac from another non working board to see if it cures it.....

I've replaced the TL084/82's during the course of repairing the window
circuit, so they are ok.

Any ideas whould be appreciated.....

Many thanks,
Regards,